Weekend Breakfast - Lure on Latrobe




Looking for somewhere to go for a leisurely weekend breakfast?

Every Saturday I'm going to profile a different destination where you can sit back and enjoy good food and good times.

First cab off the rank is Lure on Latrobe, on Latrobe Terrace, Paddington. I put this on my must try list when I saw a queue one Saturday morning with people waiting to get in. A good recommendation.

 It's a pleasant place converted from an old house with a large front treed courtyard and dining under umbrellas and the verandahs.


Lure has been operating on Latrobe Terrace for several years but I've only previously visited for coffee. This time we went for a late breakfast but midweek – a real indulgence.


My choice was the field mushrooms with haulomi, rocket and poached eggs on sour dough. It was very good and I'd love to have it again.

My friend went for the avocado/sourdough combo and also liked her breakfast.
The only downside was the coffee which was bitter - definitely not great. This is a real let down at breakfast when you really want a good caffiene hit. I've also heard this comment from others. My best tip is get there early and perhaps stick with tea.

Kerry Heaney

Lure On Latrobe, 24 Latrobe Tce, Paddington

Lure on Latrobe on Urbanspoon